Thursday, November 13, 2008

Kansas Helps Grandparents caring for their grandkids

Caring for your child's children can bring joys and burdens both emotional... and financial. The Grandparents as Caregivers Assistance program can provide adults who are providing in-house care of their grandchildren financial assistance from the Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services. It provides cash benefits to grandparents or other relatives raising children. See below for more information on this valuable program as well as other available assistance from the state of Kansas and the Federal Government.

Find out more about this program at:

Brochure to hand out about the program

Online application form

Relatives as Parents Program from the Kansas Department of Aging

Health Assistance

Guide to Food Assistance resources

Info on Kansas Vision Cards (used to be called food stamps)

Child care subsidy information from the state of Kansas

Childcare referral help from Kansas Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies

Factsheet on Grandparents caring for grandchildren in Kansas

The Grandparents as Caregivers program is made possible by the Kansas Grandparents as Caregivers Act under Kansas Statute 38-142 through 38-148. These statutes can be found at

Funding from the U.S. Office of Family Assistance and financing through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families can be found at

No comments: